With Facebook being all the rage for marketers today and brands incorporating a Fan Page into their marketing mix, we felt it necessary to point out a few ways in which you can utilize the power of this online community from a Zealotry Marketing standpoint.
Here are a few ways to integrate Facebook into your marketing plan that will enhance the involvement your Zealots have with your brand.
- Start by properly branding your Facebook page, to ensure you are maximizing this as a touchpoint and your marketing message is consistent.
- Promote a “Join our Fan Page on Facebook” message to the current guests of your brand. They should be the first to know and the first to join. You will see the early supporters may be those that are your most Zealous fans. Watch the viral effect of your current guests joining & how far this takes you as a brand.
- Provide ways in which your fans can spread the word to their peers. Facebook provides the ultimate referral – if someone is willing to support your brand in such a platform, and announce it to their entire community of friends, you already have the ultimate recommendation.
- Consider a Facebook-only promotion to gauge the level of word-of-mouth chatter you can spread. Offer a special value or discount to your Friends and allow them to share it with their friends & family.
- Continue communication with your fans, send out weekly email updates. These are people who want to support you & hear from you, so use this opportunity to keep them informed from an insider standpoint.
All in all, Facebook is not right for all brands – but if it makes sense for yours ensure you are treating it as a valid & effective means of communicating to a great group of supporters, and work to convert your “Friends” into Zealots for your brand.